Friday, March 30, 2018

Rainbow Baby Quilt


One of our best friends recently welcomed their third daughter. I made her a baby quilt and finished it just in time for a trip to my husband's family cabin. It is the location of my favorite barn and so many beautiful spots, I had to bring the quilt along for photos. 
The fabric is the Lori Holt Bee Basics charm pack, with some purple added because purple is my favorite color and a rainbow needs purple. 

The background fabric is Riley Blake Bee Backgrounds Cross Stitch. (On a side note... I just found this honeycomb fabric while I was searching for the links - SO cute!!). 


 The backing is a very old print from IKEA, binding is a B&W polka dot. 


I love the pretty colors with the bright white background.  
I had SO much fun photographing this quilt at the cabin. I told my husband I may have to bring a bunch of quilts next time we go and do a full photo shoot. 

Peek-a-boo... I have been pretty open with my health struggles on this blog (I think?). I have multiple sclerosis and have difficulty walking. I went from the cabin to the barn to take photos and my son came with me. He said he was my "look-out" and was there to protect me. He was being playful and silly, but I think he really did get nervous seeing me walking away from everyone by myself. Sweet boy. 


 With my favorite barn in the background (also seen here and here). 
A photo of the four of us, soaking in Springtime at the cabin, one of our favorite places. 
If you're following along on my health journey, we are getting ready to begin my stem cell transplant in just a few weeks! I'm very excited for the chance to "restart" my immune system, but very nervous to be away from home and away from those faces for quite a while. It's a great opportunity for my health and our family and I am trying to keep that as my focus. I post more about this treatment and my updates on my You Caring page here: https://www.youcaring.com/jodie-bissig-436264


1 comment:

ARHuelsenbeck said...

Just seeing this today while deleting old emails. The quilt is so lovely! How simple, and yet, how beautiful! I'll have to try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...